College media is unique.
Nowhere else is there a set of publications that are so similar to each other but do not compete.
Nowhere does the maxim "what is good for one, is good for all" more apply.
College media's profile has been raised and student journalists have been shared the national spotlight in part by College Media Network's efforts over the years. CMN would not be here without the passion and culture at each of the publications across the country.
CMN has always been defined as a network of sites that are powered by the same software, College Publisher.
And while the software isn't the answer to college media's success, it is the common thread. However, that principle is changing.
Within its parent company, The Access Network, CMN really is a collection of solutions that help college newspapers stay relevant with the college audience across the many platforms students consume media.
Membership with CMN is defined by using one, a few, or all of the solutions we provide the market.
College newspapers can pick from the menu of products and solutions CMN currently provides:
- A networked version of College Publisher called CP5 for web publishing
- A highly customized independent installation of College Publisher called CP Pro for web publishing
- An ad platform powered by AdGear (participation in a CMN ad network)
- A campus guide software called City Guide Publisher
- Mobile Applications (across iPhone and Android)
- A group purchasing tool for flash sales (like Groupon)
- A client relations manager called Merchant Manager
- Hosting services
- WordPress and CMN plug-in support
- Membership in CMN's college media focused group purchasing tool, ‘Paper Perks'
Download the pdf to the right for a marketing deck that gives more detail. If you have interest in any of the services listed, contact us at support.collegepublisher.com.